Thread: Honest Question
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Honest Question

So I am a Junior and just went through Formal. I am friendly, outgoing and got along with most of the girls. I was cut right before preference night and don't know what to think. I have alot of friends (like 1/4 of them and I have ALOT of friends) in the greek community at my school, and when they saw my registration they all sent me e-mails with best wishes, and saying that I would be a great addition to the greek community. When my rho chi told me she was almost crying (which made it even more difficult for me) and said when she saw I wasn't on the list she was angry, and she seemed very genuine. I am a Junior ( i wanted to pledge last yr but was out of town during formal), could that be why I didn't get a bid? I really felt at home with three of the groups, and two really seemed like we clicked. I'm really hurt and confused. I feel crushed because I am an only child who was really looking forward to the sisterhood. Am I too old to get a bid or is it something about me? Because I have SO many friends in sororities it hurts even more, because it feels like people are telling me while I'm good enough for with to be a bf, I'm not good enough to be a sister.
p.s.
I did not rely on my friends to get me in. I went all out and met lots of new girls during recruitment, showed them my personality, met theirs and basically had alot of fun.

Last edited by 1986PALMC; 01-27-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: addition