View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristi_ann81
Arrow Something for PNMs to Remember

I thought of something today that I want all PNMs to remember this fall during rush. Sometimes when a group of PNMs go through rush they feel pressured to stick together in deciding which sorority they would like to be in. I know I felt like I'd grow apart from my friends in other sororities, or that they'd make better friends in their new sorority and forget all about me. I've now graduated from college and things turned out much differently than I envisioned during rush. First off, I ended up transferring after my freshman year to a school without my sorority. Now, 3 years later, the girls I keep in touch with do include several of my sisters I pledged with, but the one I keep in touch with the best is actually someone who depledged my sorority. And another friend who's still very close was indeed in a different sorority from me. Both of my best friends (one from childhood and one from the school I transferred to) are in sororities different from mine. It doesn't matter that we're all in different sororities, we still have the common experience of being members of greek life. And no matter what sorority you choose to pledge, your true friends will ALWAYS be your friends.

Not sure I put that as elloquently as I had wanted to, but the point is, do NOT follow your friends just for the sake of sticking together. I know way too many girls that have done this and ended up miserable because they were in the sorority that was right for their friend, not for them. Be yourself and just have fun!