View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!

Waking up Sunday morning, my entire dorm was buzzing. We had all been waiting for this day pretty much since we got to school in August, and now we would finally be able to find out what sorority we would become apart of for the rest of our years of college. Our Rho Gammas were to call us in the morning if we did not receive a bid, and luckily, no one I knew received a phone call. We were told to just wear jeans/leggings and a tank top because we would be receiving shirts from our new sorority.

I made my way into the classroom my Rho Gamma group met in and everyone was so nervous and antsy, just wanting to be able to open our bids already. My Rho Gamma who I already knew was in Punta Cana, Morgan, would not make eye contact with me so this made me even more nervous than I already was. I knew I would be happy in any of the three chapters, but I still hoped for either of my top two, and hopefully, my top choice. Our Rho Gammas handed us our bids and we had to sit on the envelopes until everyone had received them. Finally, at the same time, we were all told to open the envelopes. I ripped mine open and saw that I was now a member of.....

PUNTA CANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I had ever been so excited for anything in my life. All of the girls in each classroom who received a bid from the same sorority ran and hugged each other, and then I took out my phone to text my three best friends and my roommate. However, I already had texts from Courtney (best friend), Lisa, and Alex. Courtney and Lisa's texts both read "I'M IN PUNTA CANAAA!!!!! WHAT ABOUT YOU?!!" and I actually think I could've passed out from excitement especially since I didn't even know either of them preffed there. As it turns out, Courtney preffed Punta Cana, Montego Bay, and Cabo (and ranked in that order) and Lisa preffed Punta Cana, Las Vegas, and Puerto Vallarta (and ranked in that order). My other best friend, Alex, got her first choice as well, which was Las Vegas so I was very happy for her (she ranked Las Vegas, Punta Cana, and Puerto Vallarta). I realized I did not yet have a text from Jenny (my roommate) and I knew this could not be a good sign because she had told me if she did not get Punta Cana she was dropping her bid. I texted her to see how everything went, and her response was "I got San Juan. I'm going back to our room it's not what I wanted." I tried as hard as I could to convince her to at least go to her bid day and see how things went but she refused. The other four girls on my floor who rushed are now members of Puerto Vallarta, Miami, Nassau, and Panama City.

After all the excitement died down in the classrooms, we were released to our student center where every single girl who rushed and members of every single sorority were there to greet us. Lindsay literally attacked me because we were both so excited, and I finally found Courtney and Lisa. Our Rho Gammas also did a big reveal so we could see where they all were, and I was at last allowed to go hug Morgan.

We met with our whole pledge class, and I discovered that there were several other girls I already knew and liked in Punta Cana with me. Now, more than two months later, we are all proud initiated members of Punta Cana and I can honestly say it has been the best two months of college for me so far. My big (the girl who I thought was the same person as me during rush) is one of my best friends, and I am now so close with so many people I never even knew only two months ago.

Because I feel like my school is pretty obvious (many people have already messaged me correctly guessing it) I would rather not post what the sororities actually are. If you would like to know, though, just message me and of course I'll tell you through that

Thanks for reading everyone!!