View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I appreciate everything you all have said. I am trying to get her to focus on the one she got. I don't think it's true that her 1st choice just passed her over. With bids being guaranteed to both legacies (who put it down as 1st choice) and those who only had that one party to go to, it doesn't leave as many spots for everyone else. They did invite her to preference, so they did see something in her that they liked. I think she is wishing that she had let her 2nd and 3rd choice know during the 3rd round that her heart was somewhere else. Then, maybe they wouldn't have invited her back for preference and she would have gotten her 1st choice. But, we didn't know how it all works and she was open to everyone. Plus, I don't think she could have done that. Now, it is what it is and she needs to keep an open mind about the one she has.

I have done some research on it and it is very strong nationally. Maybe if she gets more involved, she can help contribute to making it a stronger sorority at her school All of the girls I met were so sweet and seemed truly happy to have her there. She is not ungrateful for what she has. Just sad for what she didn't get. I want her to love her sorority. Otherwise, it's not worth the time and the money. My husband and I have stressed to her that sorority membership is for a lifetime, so to look at the whole picture and not make a decision to drop without some serious thought.