View Single Post
Old 06-24-2001, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I usually don't respond to threads like this, but, I'll "jump on the bandwagon" and say something. Now, what I have to say might make people mad, but oh well!

Anyway, I just think this board is like life. Granted, a LOT of the things said on this board to people would probably not be said face-to-face. We've seen the wackos come here and post stuff to get ppl going. But we've also seen some ppl who've been around for a while say some stuff that may or may not be said if they were not on a message board.
Frankly, I say just stay away from it if you don't agree with it. I really don't agree when ppl, be they new or old, say "well ppl shouldn't say this" or "ppl should not do that". The bottom line is that this is a message board and you should be allowed to say whatever the hell you want to. I think everyone should keep in mind that things are gonna be said that you or someone else may not agree with it. And unless you plan on meeting up w/ that person face-2-face, then don't get all fussy about it. I'm not saying that we (moderators and regular members a.k.a GC-aholics!) should just tolerate EVERYTHING (ie-any type of discrimination-racial slurs, bashing of gay/lesbians, etc, etc).....but I think some debates should just get the "whatever!" and ppl should move along.
I know I personally have seen some debates that I'd LOVE to jump in and tell that person off. Some I have, but many many I haven't. Mainly b/c some people probably wouldn't even TRY to understand the wisdom I have to share I think for the most part, I just try to practice being the bigger person and not get involved with some debates/flames that go on here. Most of the time, IMO, I don't even think it's worth it. Same goes for people I can't stand. Yes, there's some people on here that annoy me. BUT, if they say off the wall stuff or whatever, I just say "whatever!" and MOVE to the next interesting thread that I can contribute to.

Ok, I'm done. This was hard to explain, so this may or may not make sense. I apologize if it doesn't (I really did have a point in there somewhere! lol!) Alrighty, have a good day!

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited June 24, 2001).]