View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I told this story in the AIM chat tonight and several people told me to post it here:

I was working late in the student union- it was well after midnight. (the union is an old hotel built in the 1800's). about a week before someone told me that the 9th floor was abandoned and haunted (that building has so many ghost stories).

There were very few people in the building because it closes around 11- only a couple people have permission to be in the buildling- like myself, who was working on a story for the Pitt news. THe only people usually there are in the lobby and on the 4th floor where the news office is.

I got in the elevator on the 4th floor a little after midnight to go home, the arrow said down, and i got in and pressed for the lobby. It started going up.

It went up to the 9th floor. which is abandoned and pitch black- only the engineers use it, and that's during the day. I'm by myself on the elevator.

The doors open, and i can't get them shut. i'm pressing the close door button, flipping out, trying to press a bunch of other buttons. the doors stay open and don't close for about 2 minutes..... then it goes back down to the 4th floor.

You can sure as hell bet that i got out and WALKED my ass down the stairs.