View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Democrat here...

I'm a big government Liberal. I live in the county immediately north of Washington DC (Montgomery County, MD) and have voted for two Republicans in my life... I still haven't decided on who I'm voting for in the Maryland Democratic Primary and I'm probably going to vote strategically rather than necessarily for the candidate that I necessarily prefer.

I have an overriding rule regardless of Party in that every president of the United States has served as VP, US Sen, US HoR, (in the) Cabinet, State Governor or Army General and I see no reason for that to change. The last time one of the major parties proposed a candidate that didn't fit that was 1940. As such I opposed both Jesse Jackson Jr.(D) and Pat Robertson(R).

I'm trying to imagine what the Republican Party Leadership is going through, the comparison with Trump doesn't seem to be either Bernie Sanders (who is a known quantity that has worked with the Democratic Establishment for decades) *or* Jesse Jackson Jr., but rather if in 2008, Lyndon Larouche had been beating both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama...