View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Two things, I just read the results of the Alpha Xi Delta awards from convention. We gave away 32 scholarships! I'm sure this is on par with other NPC sororities. No, none of these were full ride, but every bit helps, right?

Secondly, when I was rushing eons ago, we were told to direct the PNM back to her rush counselor for answers about the financials. Whether it was to avoid getting the details mixed up or to avoid a possibly awkward conversation, I don't know. It also could have been so that you could have other sororities' info right in front of you all at the same time. But our sorority bills were all included on our U-bill, so payment/non-payment was a very different thing for us. And since my parents paid my bills (which I paid back over the next 10 years), I don't know what it cost. I do know that by university policy it had to cost about the same as living in the dorms. In other words, it was not an overly expensive proposition for us, relatively speaking anyway.