View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

The next day was the looooongest day, but we were all certain to be in our dorm rooms during the afternoon when the envelopes would be delivered. The system in those days was a buzzer system which went into our rooms. A certain number of buzzes indicted a phone call, another pattern to come to the front desk, and so on. So we knew we would get a buzz to come to the front desk no matter what the outcome. We were also told that we wouldn't be buzzed until the person before us had left. We didn't know WHO would be delivering either a bid or a regret so of course were all looking out our windows. Willa and I were both on the back of the dorm so didn't have a good view of anything.

So we waited, and waited, and waited. Other girls were getting buzzed to come to the front desk, but neither of us did until the late afternoon. The girl on our hall who we both thought would be a Cleopatra did indeed get a Cleopatra bid and had already dyed her hair the lightest blond possible! A couple of Miranda bids had been delivered as well as one Beatrice and a Rosalind, both on the other side of the dorm. Both Willa and I were getting nervous, but we had been able to find out that bids were being delivered by an active member of each sorority. Or perhaps the regrets by Panhellenic representatives?

FINALLY Willa got a buzz and went down to get her envelope. I didn't have chance to find out her outcome as I soon got a buzz and several friends from my end of the dorm hall went down to the front desk with me.

So there was the envelope which I nervously opened. The first thing I saw was the Greek letter for the particular chapter giving me the bid and I saw XXX, which was the first letter of Bianca's Greek NPC name. But I soon recognized that it was the chapter designation for.............

Portia!!!

otherwise known as.....

the home of the Cardinal and Straw........And the signed Picasso poster.....

Chi Omega!!!!

And YES! Willa and I were to be pledge sisters!!!!

To be continued with our Bid Acceptance