View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post

Like I said - something's not right! I'll spell it out - somebody messed up during bid matching, for whatever reason(s). Sounds like there are some unhappy folks at this campus - especially if Jane wanted B, was high on their list, and ended up elsewhere. No way that is supposed to happen.

How you gonna fix this one? I know what I would do.
Oh man - didn't someone post somewhere about a PNM who was the daughter of a sitting international council member, attended pref at her legacy chapter, ranked them #1, then didn't get a bid due to some kind of screw up, but the powers that be realized it right away and placed her in the chapter within a few days of Bid Day? I seem to recall that it was a recent incident, but I can't remember if the chapter made a mistake in entering their bid list or if Panhellenic did.

Also - how do most campuses have PNMs fill out their bid card? Do they have them fill out a hard copy and then a Rho Chi/Gamma enters it into a computer? If that's the case, I suppose data entry errors could be a problem, too.

By the way - I'm amending my 99.9% statement. I have seen a couple of minor errors here and there with ICS, and user error is occasionally a factor - on either side.