View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
I have found that in 100% of these situations "janes" are telling members they listed them as #1 to save face OR they change their mind after listing chapter in #2 spot and try to get the women to go to bat for them. Jane listed B #2 if she was high enough on B's bid list. You need to look to see what number you filled quota at and where B was in relationship to that number. She is either before or after that fill line. That's how you'll know.

My opinion from doing this for 25+ years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I'm not sure if the recruitment advisor has access to the post-pref rankings of PNMs. I didn't think the chapters had access to that info - only who matched tge bid list.
But a recruitment advisor should have access to their OWN bid list, and can look at who is in their pledge class. I've done this a number of times and can see from the list exactly where we filled quota, without evening knowing the quota number. The list goes from maybe every other girl in the PC to none right away. And then there will be maybe one or two QAs on the list, but the change is dramatic enough to know where the cut-off was.

In my opinion, there's always the *possibility* of a QA situation, or, even more rarely, that there was a snafu in entering her choices into the computers. That said, 99.9% of the time, she probably is just lying to save face.