View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJene View Post
Just out of curiosity. I read on a different thread where you stated that Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc is currently not part of the NMGC. To your knowledge to date, does this organization have plans to seek membership or will it remain independent?

I ask this because my institution is preparing for expansion and at this time we have a group of interested ladies who would like to expand this organization to our campus. However, they were told by our Director of Greek Life that because Theta Nu Xi is a relatively young organization, the possibility for expansion would be lessened due to the fact that programming, support from Nationals, risk management, and insurance may be issues that may not be satisfactorily addressed and if they are not part of a larger Umbrella organization that they may not be successful in their expansion efforts. From what is understood, umbrella orgs give our admin a greater sense of security. This has left the ladies confused but even more determined to realize their goal seeking expansion. They feel that they would have adequate support from both the organization and the institution but this recent revelation has left them wondering what to do.
What advice are you able to offer to assist in their efforts?
Sending you a PM.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.