View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EyesOnThePrize
Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
But when it comes to a Sororities and the actions we leverage in our respective communities, the sociality happens while we work for effective change. Or after a project is completed... I have friends all over, I will always love my sorors, and while working for the chapter, there is a beginning, a middle and an end. Then we can partay.
Soror AKA_Monet

You have spit knowledge throughout this entire thread! But this^^^^^^ just sums it up for me. I am a neo with a lot to learn from those "older" in my org and others. I found myself copying and pasting the link to this thread and sending it on to my fellow "co-initiates." Kudos!

To address the topic: I hold a "road to leadership" position within Junior League. Along with your positon you also have a set amount of service/development hours and meetings to attend. AND with AKA: though I am only 3 months, old my chapter did NOT take a break over the summer b/c we are a small chapter planning a regional conference. I am an active participant on 4 regional planning committees, 2 chapter committees and as everyone knows the neos.. excuse me "new initiates" (if they are doing what they vowed to do) are involved with helping out for every single thing! And I love it! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Is my sorority enough? It's more than enough. Junior League provides me with a specific training that has actually been useful with my sorority work. I can't see myself adding anything else to fold right now. I work full-time, freelance, write screenplays, and try to have a semblance of a social life.