View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Applied, got denied, transferred, now I want to pledge a different org

So last winter break during my sophomore year I decided I wanted to transfer schools, I wasn't a fan of the area, the people and I was farther from home then I liked. However, a few months later the organization I had been looking into took a line, I decided to apply and was denied. I was disappointed but looked at it as a sign from God that I was right in my previous decision to transfer (if I would have been accepted I would have stayed at the university). Fast forward to this semester I'm at a new school in a different state, my home state. I planned to show interest in the same organization I had been denied from, but my roommate is apart of that org and while she is very friendly and warm, I get a cold vibe from her line sisters and I can tell I wouldn't mesh well with this group of women. Since I came to my new university I just so happened to link up with another transfer is who a part of another NPHC sorority and she's introduced me to her sisters here. I've met her sisters from other chapters around Ohio and Michigan and have actually built a relationship with these women. They've all been super friendly and helpful as I am new to the university. I feel that this organization really embodies community and sisterhood as they've shown that to me thus far, not as a sister or even an interest just as me. They have an interest meeting this upcoming Monday and I am considering going. I've done some research into this org and asked the members a few questions. It's not like a backup plan I just genuinely like this group of women and what I see them do around campus and with one another. My question is since I already applied to be apart of another org can I now try to gain membership into a different NPHC sorority? Or should I join the organization I initially wanted to join although I don't feel that the chapter is a good fit?