View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
That's just stupid. It's 2010 and people can't get beyond race. It is stupid that a "white" sorority couldn't be seen as the 1st place organization because some people were "offended" or "upset" that they won. That's pretty pathetic in my mind. The people who made such an issue about it seem just as racist as they claim others to be. Good grief. If I was a Zeta, I'd be pretty pissed.

I'm glad that both organizations did well at this step-off, but to take away someone's "honor" because there was racial controversy says a lot about today's society.

Just "WOW" is pretty much all I can say. Oh, and FWIW (before I get flamed for my opinion) I respect all GLOs and some of my best friends are SGRhos, AKAs and Deltas. I don't really know many Zetas, but the ones I have met have been sweet, as well. I just think that in this day and age people need to see beyond color and be happy that they can share a stage and an incredible talent.
Just Wow at your comments. Just because you object to something doesn't make you a racist. Sure some people may have those feelings but the majority have legitimate issues with this whole production and the way things were handled, and not just regarding ZTA.

If anyone is to blame it's Sprite and/or MTV and they are just trying now to save face although it's really too late. Many errors and wrong doings occurred during this event even in the regional competitions. My sorors for example, competed against other D9 sororities coming in last place in Chicago when it was obvious that they should've come in 1st or 2nd. Sprite then reviewed the scoring sheet and changed the decision and gave my sorors 2nd place, although some still believed they should've gotten 1st. Errors like this occurred throughout the entire competition from what I hear and everything was very disorganized. Scoring sheets were reviewed several times because of discrepancies. It became obvious to many that Sprite was really only interested in capitalizing on the popularity of the D9. Many also thought that this was only a D9 competition since the D9 was used mostly for advertising and promotion. Many members were shocked to learn eventually that the competition was not a D9 event.

Oh and ZTA's "honor" has not been removed. If Sprite wanted to take away their win and therefore their "honor," they would disqualify the team for doing all D9 steps and for booty popping at the end of their performance, something that D9 orgs were told not to do or they would be disqualified.