View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

at my daughters initiation, her chapter sisters were all facinated with my badge(turquiose and pearls), the chapter guard and the officer dangles. her chapters does not wear the chapter guard so consequently does not have officer dangles and the majority of the girls order our plain silver badge. many of them asked if they could get a guard and how they could get one. when i mentioned it to their general advisor, she was surprised, because she is from the same chapter and did not realize that at some point during the years since she was a collegiate, the tradition to not have a chapter guard devoloped.

in the zta chapter of a good friends daughter, the pledge class all ordered the plain silver badge. when my friend asked her daughter why she chose the plain badge, she said that they were told they needed to fork over X amount of dollars for their badge-they didn't realize and they did not know that they could order anything they wanted-they were not given the option! they also were not told they could get a chapter guard. noone in her chapter wears the guard.

i had offered to purchase a chapter guard for my daughter as an initiation gift, but she declined, saying that noone in her chapter wore them, so she did not want one. she hopes to be chosen as a big sister, which would qualify her for a dangle, and i am hoping that she will decide she would like to have one and start a new trend in her chapter.