View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: KSK at Harding hazers "disbanded"

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
During student club pledge week, club members and pledges participate in events and activities that mirror the events of fraternities and sororities across the nation.

Actually.... unless things have drastically changed recently, their pledge week is full of activities that are considered hazing, including dressing up in weird costumes/not changing clothes the entire week, carrying stuff around, late night scavenger hunts.

And before we start debating whether or not those activites are all that bad...you have to know that this school sees GLOs as evil and demeaning and elitist, and the Pledge Week (totally overseen and supported by the school admins) gives everyone a chance to be equal and to participate in something better than those National Greek orgs could ever offer. (Remember, this was in the early 90's...admin may have changed).

And what's up with the Greek letter names? In the 90's the names weren't Greek letters (I don't think they were allowed to be)...I knew people in Kingsman, Sub T-16, and one group that had a Japanese name that I can't remember. There were more, but I don't think any of them were Greek names.

I'd like to see how the Pledge Week activites compare to the AR state hazing law.

PsychTau

ETA: Obviously I don't view Harding in a favorable light. I'm not trying to offend any Harding students or alums...but I just don't like the place.