Thread: D9 Requirements
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
This is the key to the question. The D9 websites are clear and it should be up to the aspirant (?) to understand her qualifications relative to the information given. If a 2-year "city college" is not an "accredited 4-year college", then there's your answer.

For what it's worth, DeVry University earned regional accreditation starting in 2002. Kaplan University also had regional accreditation prior to being bought out by Purdue University in 2017. So, depending on when the student graduated, DeVry and Kaplan should technically meet the standard. That said, schools which use competency based education models (awarding credit for professional work or military experience) are perhaps not seen in the same light as a regular brick and mortar university.

However, none of us strangers on the internet could possibly know your situation, your qualifications, or how an organization might perceive the college you attended. If you have contacts in the organization, you should use them.
I attended a regular 4 year college, & I know the requirements. I & someone else we're curious being that they both are Bachelor's in their own field. I explained to someone else earlier that I know they're not equal was just saying yah know... But thanks