View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Under The Table Business?

Greetings!

It's been a long time coming for me, and with a lot of soul-searching, research, observing, and waiting, I have reached a crossroads that I have yet to overcome. So I thought why not go straight to the source with my inquiries!

I am a prospect of XYZ, and after getting myself in the best position to be the most competitive and desirable applicant possible I was ready to take the first step to seeking membership.

Then the problem arose.

I attend an institution in the south that is infamous for having an almost non-existent minority population. Due to this fact, the NPHC orgs on campus post fliers, tweets, and Facebook updates about upcoming interest meetings. There will be fliers on every flat surface you can see! All of the orgs except the one I am interested in.

In a way, this sort of offends me. Semester after semester a new line of girls magically appear. Even other greeks are confused!

To get to the point, is there something I'm not understanding about seeking membership? The university requires certain documentation be submitted a set amount of days before the interest meeting and more afterwards, but how am I to do so if there is never a meeting! Or for a different perspective, if the interest meetings aren't made known to the general public?