View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
also, if you do a campus event, talk to your favorite fraternity and see if they would want to pair up to sponsor it. This way, you not only get girls, but guys, and we all know what we like to look at . My chapter sponsored a movie night in one of the big classrooms here on campus with a fraternity that we really love to death, had tons of popcorn and chips and pop, time to sit around before the movie, time to talk to the girls and guys, it was great. We also do the "Egger" in spring quarter with the same fraternity where it is 1 dollar to smash an egg over the head of a member of either chapter. Granted a lot of that was just each group getting each other, but damned if it wasn't fun. People saw that, and saw that we had a good time doing it and that we were willing to be silly....
Not to be a party pooper, but i'd be wary of trying that egger idea... hazing-ish issues, people wacking each other on the head issues, and there's a lot of people that wouldn't think that getting an egg smashed on your head is fun.

There's been a lot of great ideas on this thread, and if you do some searches and look back through threads in the greek life and rush forums you'll find posts by other ladies whose chapters have been in a similar situation, there has been a TON of great advice on here over the years.

Good luck, and please talk to your HQ, they have a wealth of information, and staff that can hopefully help your chapter out!