Thread: To All PNMs
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

While it is reassuring that the sorority members are nervous, and while I am genuinely impressed with the preparation that goes into rush, I think the difference is this: We as PNMs have limited control. VERY limited control. (Hence all the threads on the exact perfect outfit, manicures, pedicures, toenail polish, pantyhose, etc...) In the back of our minds is the knowledge that even if they are nervous, and even if we do everything right, we can be cut from houses we fall in love with during rush. There are 7 sororities at my school and last year there were something like 400 PNMs. We keep thinking, "How will I stand out? Will they remember me?" then, "Did I do anything stupid? Do I still look ok? Did I seem nervous? Did my Rho Sigma (rho gamma, rho chi, etc) forget to tell me that I have something green between my teeth?" Say I talk to 3 women in each group the first round. At the end of the night, I only have to remember 21 people (less if I didn't like some of the houses, I guess) bbut the sororities need to be able to pick me out of 400 OTHER GIRLS. Talk about daunting. If I didn't know that the sorority members were nervous to, I think I would REALLY be freaking out. At least this way I have one thing going for me: I'm really good at putting people at ease.

Wow that was a lot of nonsensical babbling.