View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

thank you mama :).

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
No comment on the color thang!

Seriously though, I have been diagnosed with partially blocked arteries and am the proud owner of stents. I am not overweight and there is no history of heart disease in my family and my cholesterol levels are good. But I am a smoker and have high blood pressure (as with most of the members of my family.) It was purely by happenstance that I got the diagnosis. I can pin point the cause of mine--I have to stop smoking and excercise more. But it is not that easy for other women who have no obvious risk factors.

Ladies, get your cholesterol and blood pressure checked regularly regardless of your age. As women, we internalize a lot of life's stressors and that has a direct affect on our hearts. We also tend to ignore the signs our bodies are giving to us. I know most of you are under 35 but it is never too early to start taking better care of yourself.

Mama has spoken!

i hope that you do work hard to give up smoking. my granny tried but wasn't able to quit completely . take it one day at a time and know that your sisterfriend on the east coast is praying for ya!!