View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

All history writing is perspectival. What is most important that it is comprehensive in depth and scope, with the requisite treatment of Omega's past and present in a sympathetic yet critical manner. Committee member Bro. Alridge of UVA, who is an educational and intellectual historian, has written in the past how much historical work regarding history makers/shapers in textbooks has been "one dimensional" based on the "great man" myth as it regards the task of historiography. He specifically applied this observation to treatments of Dr. MLK, Jr. My hope is that if they can bring some of that critical acumen to bear on the cherished legacy of the Frat, we'll be well served. He remarked in the presentation about the "unfettered" assistance the H&A Committee has received from this administration for this project which is a good sign, if it's more than typical pro forma verbiage. And I noticed the comment by Bro. Hobson regarding the abivalent effects of the prohibition of pledging by the NPHC has had on the life of its member orgs is in line me with this thrust. This is the type of reflection that needs to happen for this work.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network

Last edited by Wolfman; 10-14-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo