View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I was pretty brutal for a rushee. I knew no one that was greek that was a female!! Haha! I am surprised I got a bid from anyone, cause I was TOTALLY myself!
So for invites I got invited back to #1, #2, #3, and #5- I was dropped from Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi and Phi Mu.

So here goes round 2, theme day-
#2- this house did a clueless skit! It was cute, but I still did not feel comfortable here. I talked to one girl before the skit and one after. They were both okay, but they really make me feel less interested in them. So the 2nd girl asked me if I was having fun and I said I guess, but honestly I don't feel comfortable and couldn't see myself as a member of them. The girl made chit chat, but I knew she knew what I was saying. I don't want to have to go back here again, and I think she knew I didn't want to be there to begin with. When I left all I got was "Bye"

#3- this house had what seemed to be an older skit but I LOVED the girls I talked to. Even more so than I had expected. The girl that had talked to me at the end of the last party came over and sat with me and another girl for liek 5 minutes and she was saying how excited she was that I was coming back! YEAH! There skit was called True Colors, and it seemed kind of dated, but it was sweeet, about a girl trying to find her home. It was funny because they had the Eta Theta Tau- it looked like HOT- and they made them seem like the stereotypical sorority and all I could think of was "Group #5". Is that bad? Anyway, the girls were so awesome, down to earth and I didn't want to leave. The president came and talked to me and told me she had heard all these wonderful things about me! I really really really feel like if I am going to be in a sorority this is where I should be. I REALLY hope they invite me back.

#5- You walk up to the gate and the girls are all crammed behind the two doors that open and start singing this song together, it kind of scared us all! Then we walk in and it is a HEE HAW theme. The girls sat on bails of hay, and we sat on chairs facing them, so they were a little below us so we had to look down at them- which felt akward. Anyway, the girl I talked to was telling me the girls from yesterday really liked meeting me. She asked me if I had any questions, and I only had a few- but she asked me this like 3 times! Then they had the skit. All the skit was about how pretty so and so was and how gorgeous they were! It annoyed me and only reinforced the stereotype about them. Afterwards the VP came over that is my brother's friends sister. SHe told me her brother had said look for a really pretty blonde, and I said that was sweet. She asked if I was having fun and I said that I was but that I had some concerns. She asked what I told her that I was a sophomore and I heard that they were just the pretty girls and then their skit mentioned a lot about that. She said that looks aren't everything and she hated that they had that rep. She looked and asked if I like "XYZ" and I said that I didn't dislike them, but I would feel weird crying around them if they were my sisters for fear of my mascara running. She was really sweet and understanding. If they invited me back I would go, but I really didn't feel comfortable there. I felt like they only asked me back because I am skinny and blonde.

#1- I loved this group yesterday and although I liked them today, I liked #3 better. This group is so totally put together and does awesome. I didn't click with the girl today very well,we only talked to one and it was her first rush on this side. She didn't have a lot to say and I felt like I had to keep the conversation going. THey had a great skit, GREASE! It was funny, but one of the girls got up in a white jumpsuit and you could see through it and see she was wearing green underwear! I was so embarressed for her!
This chapter is awesome and I have so many friends here. I really like what all they do on campus and how close they are, but I felt so much better at #3. She asked how I liked everything I told her it was awesome, that their skit was great and the girls were really nice. I would put them 2nd. I would be a member of this group but only if I couldn't be a #3!

So at the end of the day it went like this #3-tops, #1, #5 and then #2.
I DO NOT want to go back to #2!!! I would rather skip their party or drop out of rush! #5 is too superficial for me, I Think, and I would prefer to cry around someone if necessary. #1 is a great group but I would take a bid from #3 right now if I could!

Facebook