View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the Cookie Shine tradition, especially since it was started at my alma mater! At KU, we are so lucky to have several very old chapters with extremely rich history

Back to the topic...I didn't get my first choice, and believe me, it does all work out. I fell in love with a chapter during recruitment, and was dead set on them from Day 1. I was devastated on Bid Day, but I was very humbled and grateful for the bid that I received and decided to move forward and take every opportunity that I could to engage and learn more about my chapter.

I know that at 18 years old, I had absolutely no clue about the honor and priviledge of sorority membership and the lifelong friendships and opportunities that come with it. I could only see what was right in front of me - that I had been hurt and rejected from a group of women that I wanted to be a part of. I think that sorority recruitment is one of the few experiences today where rejection is part of the game, and while it can hurt, but it is a strong life lesson that I think that many young people NEED. Life isn't about getting everything that you want perfectly presented on a silver platter...it is about taking the opportunties that come your way with grace and a positive attitude!

I am extremely proud to be an ADPi and a Panhellenic woman. College was many years ago, but my membership is even more important to me, and my love for our sisterhood continues to grow year after year.

New PNM's...PLEASE open your mind and your heart to this process. Research national sorority websites and learn more about the wonderful things that women in all 26 groups are doing. We all believe in sisterhood, service, philanthropy and leadership...it is our ritual that makes us special and unique.

Best of luck to everyone!