View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to agree with many of y'all on here, but since I'm still a rushee, with a twist. I was certain that there was a certain school that was my first choice. I visited campus, loved it, they had great programs and a stellar reputation. I was sold. Then I got wait listed, and never made it in. SO I went elsewhere. And you know what? I am so glad I didnt get into my first choice, because I would have gone, and I am so happy at the school I attend now (I am not a rising freshman, fyi). One of my friends goes to my first choice (their second I might add) and lves it, but from what I now know, I wouldnt have been as happy there as I am here now. So I believe that like college acceptance and sorority recruitment, life has a funny way of giving hints to what's a good fit and what isnt. Now, I havent been through recruitment yet , I know that whichever house I wind up in (if at all) will be a choice carefully thought about by many and will be a solid one.

The funniest thing, I never planned on going the sorority route. In fact I avoided applying to schools heavy into the greek scene. Who would have thought?

Sorry to go on and on, I just wanted to show that heartbreak and confusion can lead to comfort and happiness that you were spared making the decision you thought was right when it wasnt.

Good luck to everyone rushin'!!!!