View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't necessarily agree.

On the original topic...

I may hold a minority opinion in this thread, but I do not believe that everybody ends up where they are meant to be. I have seen several girls go through recruitment, receive heavy cuts, and pledge groups where they don't necessarily fit because they feel that SOME kind of greek experience is better than NOTHING, and they are willing to keep an open mind and make the best of what "fate" has given them. For these girls, the alternative is to either wait a year and rush again (missing out on greek life for a year, school does not hold an informal spring recruitment) or take a chance on COB (risky that they will still be non-greek for a year if these houses remain at quota!). Sometimes this works out beautifully and the girl realizes that she is in the right place. Other times, it doesn't. I know girls who remained in XYZ or ABC because they craved sisterhood, but never felt at home. There may be a life lesson to be learned and some kind of reason for the experience, but I honestly cannot believe that these girls ended up "where they were meant to be." Just my 2 cents.

Anybody can find happiness if it is sought out with enough fervor, but depending on personality of the girl and of the group, that happiness may not come as naturally for her in ABC as it would in XYZ...

Bottom line, it's what you make of your experience.