View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by trojangal
I don't like it when the rush booklet says:

Do not worry about recommendation letters.
Yes, yes, yes! The rush booklet (yes, I called it rush--like it ought to be! ) that I received from UK a month or two before I went through said specifically that recommendations are the responsibility of the individual chapters. So I thought, "Great! I don't need to bother getting recs!" Thus I turned down at the very least 5 recs to different chapters on campus...all because I believed the booklet. Dumb, dumb, dumb. (Note: I did get my first choice, but I would've been really really angry had I not...because I would've wondered whether having recs would've made a difference.)

Also, whoever said PNMs should have time to access a mirror and a potty between rounds is right on the money! We had 10-minute breaks between each round, and many times I needed every last second of that time just to get to the house I was supposed to be at...and it was 90-degree August heat. I'm sure I smelled great and looked even better. Seriously, I would have been so much more comfortable had I been able to blot my oily face and retouch my lipstick before going into the next house...not to mention getting a restroom break, 'cause you can only drink so many icy beverages before you gotta go! That's why I never looked down upon a PNM who asked to use the restroom, because believe me, I could understand.