View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
The real swaying factor for me loving Tau Delta was our novelty party. We actually DID stuff with the sisters. Pinata, limbo, brownie decorating, making leighs, pictionary, eating food. The skit/song wasn't about hwo they're the best or whatever, it was just about their sisterhood and what they do together and individually. At the other novelties I went to, there wasn't really a "theme" and the "Activities" were to get signatures from members and dance..which I hated because I hate forced interaction and I haven't got a rhythm bone in my entire body. I think that should aslo be frowned upon by panhel...more interaction w/ PNMs, less requiring PNMs to make an impression upon the girls in the house.

I think that perhaps condensing recruitment would be better too. As it is, it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get through, and its rough on the girls and rough on the Rho Chis and the RC's.

I also think that legacy information needs to be released and found more efficiently! The sign up sheet only asks if you are a legacy, it doesnt ask WHERE TO, which meant that us PX's had to find out and hunt down girls and recruitment chairs.

There needs to be a rule such as 1) if you do not show up to opening ceremony/first PX meeting, you do not go through recruitment. It takes too much time, legwork, and cell phone time to hunt down girls who don't show up. 2) if you DO NOT COME to OPEN HOUSE, you are no longer in recruitment, again, too much excess time spent on a girl who is irresponsible.