Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I like that Kappa's options represent our colors (sapphire) or the standards (pearl or diamond). As stated above, it'd be strange in some respects to see a Kappa key with, say, rubies or emeralds or garnets. Although I think someone posted a photo of an older Kappa badge with rubies and it was stunning! I do wish that we could get light blue sapphires or aquamarines- can you imagine a blue and blue key! Oh, now that I would have to have. I love that AXiD added that double blue & gold quill to represent all of their colors.

Honey, I love what you mentioned about getting birthstone points- I would probably do the same! And I'm sure many women in various orgs do that. It's a great way to get a bit of you in there and have it really feel personalized. I'm lucky though because sapphires are my birthstone and Kappa's jewel, so I get both represented.

Leslie Anne, WOW! I agree with Honey, you should put every single one on and then take a picture like that. And it's incredible that you found that Kappa Xi & KD badge lot- I suppose with enough patience anything is possible. It's also interesting to see how different the enamel looks in your photos, especially looking at the dagger and lettering. It's also funny about the mini-badge trend- here we are talking about how small our badges really are when compared to a dime, but there was a time where people wanted them even smaller! Did they get the mini badges in addition to a standard size, or in lieu of the standard?

Those AXO badges are fantastic. I think some have been posted before... I think I've seen that 1897 photo. But not the 1885- WOW! That is gorgeous. It's a very elegant badge.

Last edited by thetygerlily; 03-23-2010 at 12:51 AM.