View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterng!rl2 View Post
I've kept my GPA up, stayed out of trouble (no parties/no drama), joined a few clubs my freshman year on campus, and have upped my wardrobe a bit. Are these ways of making me a "more attractive PNM" or are there still better things I can do?
Those are all good, but what's really key is to meet members before rush and try to build relationships - you need girls in a house to "go to bat for you" during voting, which is even more key as a sophomore. As someone else wrote, even if houses do have to fulfill an upperclass quota, those slots are limited and the girls who've already connected well with members have improved their odds of getting one.

I'd work on getting to know members this summer as much as you can - and do it in a friendly, sincerely interested way - not in a desperate, "gotta meet members so I can get in" way.

And as another poster wrote, work on your conversational skills - don't talk over a member or hog the conversation (many girls do, often due to being nervous), don't be so quiet that the member feels like she has to drag a conversation out of you (that makes the member have to work), and be sincerely interested in knowing the girl and her sorority.

And as much as possible, try to relax and have fun.