View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyluv93 View Post
My friends are in the PLEDGE class for that sorority. I have 5 friends that all pledged for that sorority and to this day each one of them tells me how they really wanted me and how girls they just met (who are already in that sorority) know who I am and always ask what happened to her? or oh "she dropped us" so actually, no, they're not saying it to "cheer me up"
For the love of pete, my 8 year old sounds more mature when she pitches a fit about something.

lillyluv, you sound like an entitled child. Your friends who are in the most recent pledge class from this past fall know diddly squat about what was discussed during recruitment.

#1 and #2 might have really liked you. They just liked a lot of other girls MORE. And all those girls liked them MORE than their other options too. That's why you didn't get a bid. And very few members REALLY know what was discussed and why you were so low on their lists. If you were dead set against #3, you shouldn't have put them on your pref card at all.

By all means, go through it again in the fall. Get your grades and recs in order. But don't expect a better outcome. You'll be at a huge disadvantage, so if you really want a chance at sisterhood, be willing and happy to accept a bid anywhere. If you're not, then don't sign a pref card.