View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Like many others have shared, my daughter went through recruitment this past August at a large southern school and in every single round was released from her favorite houses. She'd allow herself to be sad and maybe shed a tear or two, but would regroup and head to those houses that asked her back with an open mind and heart. She went into Pref with one house that she 100% loved at that point and then one that she was "ok" with. Bid Day came, and she got her #2 choice. Again, she allowed herself a moment to feel the disappointment but put a smile on her face and gave it her best shot. That first day was a roller coaster of emotions--"I think I will actually be really happy here"..."Now I don't really feel like I'm connecting...I just don't know"..."I've met some really sweet girls"...."I'll stick it out and see how I feel in a couple of days". Today, almost five months in, she truly loves her house and continues to make connections. The biggest thing is that she can now look back at the houses that she "loved" during rush that released her and definitely say "Wow, I can NOT see myself as an ABC or an XYZ now". She's still bummed that she does not share a sisterhood with me, but we both love that she's starting her own legacy. We truly had to let go and trust the process, and it did work out in the end, even though that was one of the most emotionally brutal weeks ever!!!