Thread: Greek Cousins
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to wrussell Send a message via Yahoo to wrussell
Quote:
Originally posted by blulady
I am sorry, but no where in my travels in Zeta have a ever learned that we have cousins, only brothers. Since it is not nationally recognized, then it is not recognized at all. Anyway, what constitutes cousins? Who determined that Blue and White had cousins anyway? I think to suggest that there is some family relationship that is only "recognized" in certain places is a mockery of the true relationship that is present between Zeta and Sigma. Does the National President of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. know about his distant cousins? I know my Grand Basileus knows nothing about this. If Sigma Lambda Beta and Sigma Lambda Gamma are claiming to be a part of my family, I cannot recognize that.
Honestly, I think you are being really upity about this whole thing. What I was taught was that Baltazar was a Sigma and because of that we are called COUSINS, now we are not brothers of PBS and WE DON'T ASPIRE TO BE. I don't want to impose on The Blue and White family. I am not begging to be a apart of it, other wise I would have pledged PBS. Now, what I do feel is that there is something special between PBS and us because of Baltazar but I don't care if it is nationally recognized...what really would that do for us? Nothing. I am not pushing you to recognize me as you family, why should you? But please, do me a favor and don't discourage those who share my feeling of a special connection to PBS, wheter they be SLB, SLG, Zeta or Sigma, because from that connection, GREAT THINGS CAN BE ACHEIVE BY ALL PARTIES!