View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetgeek View Post
You aren't listening to the excellent advice you've been given. I know you are upset that you were dropped by those chapters, but you need to remove the the emotion and look at the facts.
1) This may be your only chance to be greek -- very few juniors will get a bid at an SEC school.
2) This chapter has invited you back because they see something in you they are interested in and can see you as a sister. (ignore tent talk that says ABC doesn't cut anyone, they invite everyone back. That is not true)
3) All the things you want -- sisterhood, leadership opportunities, networking, philanthropic and service opportunities -- are available in all groups. You'll get back what you put in.

To echo KDCAT -- don't judge the group by how you feel at a bid day party. It's a party, not real life. Give yourself time to meet more girls in the group -- actives and new members-- before you make your decision. There will be other new members who aren't sure they made the right decision in all groups -- even the "top" ones. There is a great thread here about not getting your first choice, you need to read it http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=121412
I actually have taken into account to what everyone has said. But thank you I will look at that.