View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizababe1 View Post
Is there a way to not come across as desperate?
I can't let myself give up. It's my dream to be a sister.
Let's re-frame this in a way that I hope will make more sense to you. Let's say that wanting to be in a sorority is just like wanting very badly to date a boy in your biology class. You hung out with him one time for coffee and he didn't invite you for a second date. Then you went to biology study group because you're hoping to get more face time with him and he's still not interested. Then you tried to talk to him at the football game and he wasn't interested.

Now go back and re-read what you've said in terms of trying to date the boy from biology class:

"Is there a way to not come across as desperate? I can't let myself give up. It's my dream to be his girfriend."

Do you see how creepy and desperate that sounds?

It's the same way with women. Sorority women don't want invite some girl who keeps saying, "Pleeeeease!!!! I want to be like you! I'll even change my outfit and get better hobbies for you!" Either you have what it takes or you don't. We've tried to be kind to you and you don't seem to "get it". A sorority is not the student organization for you.

True and Constant