View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
Update July 31, 2010: $10,000,000 in four years

According to a short announcement in the Memphis Commercial Appeal, Tri Delta has met the $10,000,000 goal -- in four years. Congratulations.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-top-hotelier/

Excerpts from ^^:

Tri Delts do it for St. Jude

The women of the Delta Delta Delta fraternity gave themselves 10 years to raise $10 million for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

They did it in four.

They wrote letters, hosted softball tournaments, golf tournaments, pancake breakfasts and other events.
St. Jude named a floor of the Chili's Care Center for them and their efforts.

. . . The group has raised $12 million for the hospital since it adopted the hospital as its philanthropic partner in 1999.

Below is a quote that began this thread; jennyj87, you must be even prouder now..........

"Hello everyone. I'm going to toot my own horn for a minute, but I am extremely proud of my sorority right now.

I don't know how many of you have heard about Tri Deltas partnership with St. Jude, but is a beautiful thing. Orginally the goal was to raise $1 million in 5 years. It was done in three.
Tri Delta then decided to raised $10 million in 10 years. That was three years ago. As of July 2009, we've raised $7.8 million. I have never been so proud and honored to be part of an organization. Snaps for all of the DDD's on greek chat! "

Hahah I am! I was actually at work when I found out a few weeks ago and was crying. My coworkers think I'm crazy.

It's funny that you posted this today because Tri Delta actually announced our next project, raising $15mil in the next five years. The Speciality Center is going to be named for us.

They're calling it "15M by 2015"