View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Casting Call for Good Times, The Movie

In case you have not read the Innnnnn the News thread at AKA forum . . .

Posted by DeleGirl:

Found this on the Velvet Rope Website:

Looks like the greenlight is on for the Tim Story-directed big-screen movie adaptation of the 1970's sitcom "Good Times". Yes, Black people, I said, "GOOD TIMES"! And every African-American actor seems to be salivating to work on this film that is looking to be a real hoot (and why not? When I heard of this project, I thought "instant hit. Every Black person in America from 20-45 grew up on this show"). As I type this, Cedric The Entertainer is inking to play Bookman. Every Wayans brother and sister wants a part of this. Angela Bassett (believe it or not) is in talk for the Esther Rolle role ("DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!"). And who has expressed fervent interest in playing the part of sexy, nosey, single neighbor Willona? None other than.. Janet Jackson (the former Penny)! The film is also supposed to have tons of cameos from A-list Black actors playing colorful hoodrats from the projects... Halle Berry, Sam Jackson, etc. And speaking of ghetto hoodrats, Whitney Houston is being courted to sing the theme song ("just looking out of the window / Watching my Afro grow" ... how serendipitous is that?

They mentioned possibly Chris Rock or Dave Chapelle for J.

Who would you cast?

I pick Anthony Anderson for Bookman and Samuel L. Jackson for James Evans, Sr.