View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
My badge from 1966 is a Balfour and is very special and well made with emeralds and pearls. We ordered our pins prior to initiation (of course in the olden days we pledged in August but weren't initiated until March) I remember when we all clustered around looking at options.

I also loved our pledge pin and 2nd degree pin we wore the the week before initiation. Are pledge pins even worn anymore. In the day, our big sisters allowed us to wear their pin after initiation until our pins arrived which was maybe a month after initiation. Special memories.
I could have written this. I remember us all making the decision which pin we wanted. It meant that initiation was not too far off. Rush was in August, initiation was in February. Our initiation fee included the plain pin (they were only gold in those days- no silver pins). I wore my Big Sister's pin until ours finally arrived full of fanfare. Unfortunately, my pledge sister/best friend loaned her pin to her little sister at initiation and the little never returned it to her.

I remember the excitement I felt when I received my pledge pin. I loved that little pin.

DaffyKD