View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassmofi View Post
Do chapters still do this? The previous chapters I advised felt this was starting to cross over into cheating.
With the onset of the internet, universities understand that it's pretty easy for even non-Greek students to acquire this information and have created policies to mitigate the advantage students who acquire it--rules against professors reusing test/homework questions, making old tests available to all students, etc. It shouldn't cross over into "cheating" unless your students are literally copying answers from old problem sets.

That said, when I was in school, a lot of sororities used their study bibles as a bragging point during recruitment, but the reality was less exciting than the advertising. Nobody wanted to take the time to maintain/organize the system, and with a school as big as ours, chances are that a comprehensive set of bibles would've taken more than one room to store! I checked a few times when I was living in the house, and I think we had notes for maybe two of the classes in my program--a program that had around 50 classes per year in it (and where classes often changed from year to year). When Greeks talk about their study bibles, I always wonder how many of them actually have a system that works, haha.