Thread: Not typical PNM
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I know of a similar situation during an extension. The PNM was advised by an advisor to pursue alumna initiation once she graduated, and she did, successfully. That's pretty unusual, but it was a good option for her and she's an active advisor now.

There are just so many reasons why it would be awkward for the younger members and older member. Having a 30-something member at a fraternity mixer? Getting fined for missing events? Participating in mandatory study hours?

I work with graduate students who already have a bachelor's degree and are returning to school to earn a teaching certificate through graduate coursework in education. Most of them also have to take prerequisite undergraduate classes in their content area to earn a "teachable major " first. Many of them have told me how easily annoyed they were with some of their classmates in the undergraduate classes..."I got so irritated with my lab partner who was texting and checking social media all the time, etc."

As AZTheta says, YMMV, but I think since you're asking, you're already wondering whether it would be awkward. Honestly, I think we all know that it would be.