Thread: Weird question
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
Rhoyltempest, I totally agree re: following protocol of an organization. Especially in college - you're preparing for the real world and if you can't dress appropriately, you're going to be in for a big shock once you graduate and get a job. We had a sister who was constantly a problem with dressing- she always claimed she wanted to be an "individual" and not "conform." Funny how when her parents came for Parents' Weekend she was wearing a pink cashmere sweater...

But the poster didn't exactly sound too serious about sorority membership, so I wasn't going to go into too much with her.
I think every org has members like this. I understand individuality and the need to express it since I am as individual and independent as they come (never even saw myself in a sorority before joining); however I chose to be in a sorority and to have unity with my sisters. Also, protocol has to be followed in many areas of life: work, church, teams, etc. People that have the attitude that they will not conform when it comes to anything, will likely have a harder time going through life and they definately don't belong in a fraternal organization.

Last edited by rhoyaltempest; 10-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.