View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
we have deffered recruitment during winter quarter (we run on a 3 quarter (10 weeks per quarter)) system. So the girls are introduced to the sororities during fall quarter...the girls hold service events and campus wide movie nights, etc. Then rush starts. It's pretty rigidly structured....rho chi's and bid matching and what have you. But at the same time, I think that more girls could be matched and that there could be better PR for recruitment in general.

However, I feel that I wouldn't have rushed during fall quarter if I could have because I was still this naive little high schooler who thought sororities were like they are in movies and on TV. But being here for a quarter I got to see that not all the girls are like that. Now I wouldn't trade it for the world. I got to be on the Rho Chi end this year, and it was really exciting to give bids to girls and see how happy it made them, and now to see them in letters having fun with their sisters is even better (plus, 4 girls from my PX group ended up being MY sisters, and they're FABULOUS!)