View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Weasuhl: I don't post much, but I happened to see your post and thought I would comment. I was in a somewhat similar situation (I was at a smaller private school) where I was just not getting the college experience I was looking for. In addition, I decided to change my major (which was probably the biggest factor that ultimately motivated my transfer). I was initiated into my sorority, so my only option upon transferring to a large state university was to either affiliate or go to alumnae status. I ended up fitting in much better with the girls at the large state school than with the girls at my original chapter. And my college experience was much better after transferring.
However, as 33girl and MysticCat wisely point out, the first concern should be on academics and long term goals. And AOII Angle is very correct: You might be miserable. I would point out one thing you have not discussed: What do your parents have to say on this? My decision to transfer came after some very long discussions with my father and the pro's and con's of transferring. If you DO decide to transfer, let the members of your colony know what your plans are, and wish them the best.