View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

SECdomination, I found your list interesting.

I attended UF ages ago, but it seems like yesterday! I know it is your opinion, but it was fun to see how things do change with time; and I welcome hearing what anyone thinks/feels about greek life at UF.

I also wanted to add my opinion. I don't really understand why everyone gets on edge when we speak of tiers etc. at any college or university. As difficult as it may be, there is somewhat of a tier system if you want to call it that. I find it all a very interesting and intriguing topic. No one wants to hear that their group is not in the top tier according to many opinions, but just remember it is "opinion". It is also a fact of life that people view everything in this type of judgemental fashion.

I respect all fraternity and sorority houses regardless of what anyone says, but I also know that at any university there are some that are more desired than others during recruitment. I am not afraid to admit that some houses choose their members on more of a superficial level as well. Although I may not agree with it, I will honestly admit that it did happen when I was at UF and I am quite sure that it continues on.

On a final and most important note, I am also wise enough to know that there is greatness in membership of all houses and that is what I tend to keep first and foremost in my thoughts!