View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokiara View Post
Hello. I attend University of Missouri. Formal Recruitment is in the fall here and I decided to participate. I was honestly dropped from all chapters after round 1. I tried my luck with informal, fell in love with the chapter I visited and received the rejection this past Friday. The problem is I transferred schools from a school with no Greek Life. I struggled with depression until this last year so my GPA isn't the best. I'm a junior by credits but I am a sophomore by course sequence. So that is my sob story. But here's the good part. The house I fell in love with is a newer chapter on campus so they do informal every semester. My pi chi's from formal are still in contact with me and supporting me. I'm going to focus make this a great semester and show the chapter who I really am! My GPA will be replaced after this first semester because of how transferring works so next semester my GPA will be restarted with what I get here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokiara View Post
It just hurts because I wanted to do Greek life for so long and to transfer to a school where I can just to be told no.
You were told no because of your GPA. Sororities value the highest scholarship. A transfer student who is a junior (credits) with a low GPA isn't a competitive or desirable PNM. Freshmen coming in with clean slates and high GPAs who will be members for four years (ideally) are what you're up against, for starters.

Also, you've got another thread going which is pretty much a carbon copy of this one, with the addition of asking for recs.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity