View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rileykae
In reply

As far as Beta Sigma Phi went I tried to start a chapter at my campus and because of the tax situation that org has, it was not approved by the school as a chapter, thus it went no further. There are also no chapters near me that I could join, so it was a moot point as I felt completely alone.

As far starting a local I wanted to do an online one to widen the scope of members, but my friends are flakely and the ones that were supposed to help me didn't even do that, so that failed as one.

I was only really in one local sorority - the second local one chose to let me go before I was fully initiated, I didn't leave voluntarily and I would gladly go back to them if they would offer me a second chance to show I could be good for them.

as for the two orgs I did have issues with, I left because I felt I was forced and had no other options, as going inactive in either was out of the question due to the size of the groups - alumni of both groups and advising/people at school I could contact regarding the matter said there was nothing I could do besides leaving. I didn't quit because I wanted to.

I'd just hope that any org that would even read my story would consider the chance of offering me that ability to find home - because if I can find it, I can promise I'll stay. Though they may assume I'll leave, I can prove otherwise if given the chance - I just have to hope someone will lend an ear to an honest conversation.

And to the note about the LGBT+ - I am fully female, I am not transgender. Trying to found one of these or a new org at my school is near impossible because a few groups get all of the attention on campus and any smaller group trying to gain members has a very hard time to the point where it's better off if you don't even try.