View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspeakers View Post
I didn't do formal recruitment because I knew my grades would be a problem. I heard COB was an option, I forgot the GPA requirement was higher than what I thought.

Like I said, I had a bad couple of semesters, but I feel like I've turned things around because I made the Dean's List last semester. This semester I'm retaking a couple of classes I failed, and I feel much more confident I will succeed in them. Retaking a failed course here means the F will be replaced with the new grade in my GPA if I pass. Unless something goes horribly wrong this semester, I will definitely make the minimum, or I will have bigger things to worry about. I know my GPA still won't be great, but I hope that the sorority as well as employers more importantly, will see that I have an upward trend.

I wanted to email the recruitment chair indicating that I was still interested in meeting with them next semester when my GPA was better. I just wanted to give a formal explanation to the chair as to why I stopped doing COB. I'm sure she knows by now but I wanted to leave something in her inbox to make sure she remembered me.

I know I am old, and I felt awkward about that at the beginning of semester. But I don't think most people realize how old I actually am, and it seemed like nobody knew during COB. I have people asking if I am a freshman all of the time.

I will definitely bring my A-game next time but I hope that the response I got was a positive sign. Thanks for the advice!
I hate to say this so bluntly, but a 23 yr old junior with just OK grades is very unlikely to make it to anyone's bid list. I don't want to be negative, but it is time to look at other activities. I am sure you are a lovely person with lots to offer, but I don't see sorority membership as an option at this point.