View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekAlphaSoup View Post
Well, I'll weigh in on this one....I agree that there should be a better way (but understand that due to numbers there may not be.) It seems to me as if relying on computers to work the numbers allows positively awesome girls to fall through the cracks. Situation I learned this week: a top girl in our community was a legacy to her mom's sorority and her sister's....two top sororities on campus, she naturally put them in her top two spots. When cut from those two legacy chapters, she got six parties from the next six spots on her list (I believe). Now....if after 3rd round, she is cut and left with only, say, 1 pref, she now has no chance to re-think or re-visit sororities 9-17? Because she "cut them"? I don't get it? Or, worse still, if she receives no bid, she cannot be "snapped" because she cut a group???? I'm so confused!

"Back in the day", didn't we get our invite list and then narrow that list down based on the number of openings? For example, if we were invited 12 places, but could pick 8, we chose our top 8. Next day, perhaps we were only invited to 6 but could choose 6, we'd take them all, right?

Is my memory fuzzy? It just feels backwards from what I can recall (granted that was many moons and margaritas ago).
Depends on the school's system. Some schools allow you to "regret with interest" - so say you have 8 invites, but can only accept 6. RWI allows you to list the other 2, and they have the option of extending you another invite in the next roung - so say the next round you can accept 4, but only have 3. You have the option of accepting an invitation to the chapters who you RWI if they wish to extend an invite to you.