View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 03:41 PM
Unregistered-

Ahhh, the night marchers. Growing up I've always thought that it was purely urban legend. And then when Glen Grant came out with his book about true supernatural accounts I became a believer.

The night marchers are a group of spirits that roam restlessly on the earth. They've been known to travel around the North Shore area (near Waimea Falls Park), but then I've heard that they also frequent Moanalua/Pearl Harbor area. Speculation states that the ancient Hawaiians had their different paths around the islands, and they could still be roaming them till this day.

But anyway, if these spirits are disturbed, they can easily take your soul with them back into the underworld. I've always been taught to lay face down when I hear the constant beating of a drum!

The Waialae area is also a very haunted part of Honolulu. Back in the day there was a cemetery, and eventually it got turned into a drive-in (which closed many years ago). It's a very "ritzy" part of town, and the old drive in was eventually turned into a mall, where there have been accounts of a faceless woman in the womens bathroom (a friend of mine saw her in high school). Since then I refuse to go into that bathroom alone!

I don't know why this topic fascinates me as much as it does!